Tough Cookies Education provides training and resources relating to sex and relationships education and PSHE. We deliver a number of SRE training days, suitable for those working with children and young people and provide consultancy, bespoke curriculum design and lesson plans.
We have been commissioned to implement a new sex and relationships education, resource in Tameside, Greater Manchester. Over the next three years, we will support schools, to be equipped and ready for the government changes to sex and relationship education, ensuring that children and young people in Tameside receive an outstanding sex and relationship education.
We work in partnership with The Big Life Project Company, a ground-breaking online platform that delivers ready-made practical life skill lessons and resources for PSHE. Tough Cookies, Founder Kerry Cabbin, is the head of sex and relationships education and provides, consultation, lesson plans and resources.
Kerry also writes for online magazine Fumble, where she contributes articles relating to young people, sex and relationships.
Other recent commissions include;
- To write a sex and relationships curriculum, including lessons plans and resources for primary and secondary schools (Public Health, 2017)
- To provide sex and relationships consent workshops for 16 secondary schools and colleges (Public Health. 2016/17)
- To deliver SRE training and workshops to community groups, parents and staff (Teenage pregnancy fund 2016/17)
- Consultancy work, supporting schools to design and plan an SRE programme (Canon Burrows Primary School, 2017)
- To deliver healthy relationship education for 10 Secondary schools (Crime Commissioner Fund, 2015/16)
- Health promotion, short films and safe sex events and campaigns (Public Health, 2015)